Polven Foods was created with the desire to make delicious food. Since there was no delicious mayonnaise in the stores in the 1990s, we decided to begin to produce it ourselves. Our mayonnaise-masters had to try out several recipes until they discovered just the right taste and we could start production. We are using the original recipes created during the long testing period to date.
Our company was founded in 1998 in Ida-Virumaa (Estonia), where we began to produce three products in our 100-square-meter plant: mayonnaises Provensaal and Kodune, and ketchup. Today, we are one of the largest mayonnaise and condensed milk producers in the Baltic States and the only condensed milk producer in Estonia.
We sell our products in retail chains in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and in the accommodation and catering sector (HoReCa). Our customers are the largest retail chains in the Baltic States, confectionery producers, retail chain kitchens, confectionery and bakery industries, and ready-made food producers.
Our products have received a number of recognitions:
- ‘Best Food Product Launching 2009’ Meirans Mayonnaise in Latvia
- ‘Estonia’s Best Food Product 2010’ Jaani Provansaal mayonnaise in Estonia
- ‘Best Food Product Launching 2011 and 2013’ Kodune mayonnaise in Estonia
- ‘Approved Estonian Taste 2014’ Kodune and Klassikalise Provansaal mayonnaises in the Lemmik series in Estonia
- ‘Best Food Product Launching 2014 and 2015’ Polven mayonnaise in Latvia
- ‘Best Food Product Launching 2015’ Provansas mayonnaise in Latvia
- ‘Approved Estonian Taste 2017’, Lemmik Oliivi, Lemmik Klassikaline Provansaal mayonnaises in Estonia